Skip to main content
Honor Code Office


Students are required to be in good Honor Code standing to be admitted to, continue enrollment at, and graduate from BYU. In conjunction with this requirement, all enrolled continuing undergraduate, graduate, intern, and Study Abroad students are required to obtain a Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement for each new academic year. Students must have their endorsements completed, turned in, and processed by the Honor Code Office before they can register for fall semester or any semester thereafter. To avoid registration delays, endorsement should be submitted to the Honor Code Office by March 15. Those applying to BYU should use the new-student Admissions Application Part 3 endorsement and submit to Admissions, D-155 ASB.

Latter-day Saint students may be endorsed only by the bishop of the ward (1) in which they live and (2) that holds their current Church membership record.

Non-Latter-day Saint students are to be endorsed by (1) the local ecclesiastical leader if the student is an active member of the congregation, (2) the Latter-day Saint bishop of the ward in which they currently reside, or (3) the nondenominational BYU chaplain.

Students who are former members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are not eligible to receive an ecclesiastical endorsement. Please see the Withdrawn or Denied Ecclesiastical Endorsement section of the Honor Code for more information.